Electric Blanket Low Voltage Products

There are several reasons to favor electric blanket low voltage products over traditional electric blankets. First of all, these blankets help you reduce energy costs by keeping you warmer on cold nights. This means you can keep your thermostat at a reasonable setting while staying warm and comfortable. Low voltage blankets use less electricity than other heated blankets, and are safer to use. Because the voltage is so low there is virtually no safety risk of using these blankets as there might be with higher voltage ones.

One such blanket is by Chattam & Wells. Their low voltage microfiber fleece blanket uses less than 25 volts and comes with a converter to change your standard 120 volt outlet current into safe low-voltage DC current to prevent any risk of electric shock. Not only is this blanket safe, it is comfortable and efficient. Features include automatic preheat, consistent heat distribution, auto shutoff and a lighted controller that is easy to read and use. This particular blanket will cost you approximately $90 depending on where you shop and comes in a natural ivory color.

Polartec also makes a low-voltage blanket you may want to consider. Available in colors red, blue, green, graphite, cappuccino and snow white, this blanket is made from the same luxurious microfiber fleece as many of their vests and outerwear products. This blanket heats in only 15 minutes and like the aforementioned product only uses around 25 volts of electricity. Although this blanket is warm it is lightweight and made to retain its original shape and size even after machine washing. A five year warranty ensures your blanket will keep you warm for years to come.

If you are looking for smaller electric blanket low voltage products that fit on your sofa or chair check out the Safe Low Voltage Heated Electric Throw. This throw blanket is perfect to use while relaxing in your living room or family room. You can stay warm while watching TV, reading or just lounging without having to drag the full size electric blanket off of your bed. These throws come in colors for every decor and are made from light micro-fleece polyester for a luxurious look and feel. As you can see there are a variety of safe, low voltage choices for anyone shopping for a new warming blanket or throw.

 



Electric Blanket News:

 

Is Your Electric Blanket Safe? - Natural Health Articles - Mercola.com
An electric blanket seems like a good idea. You can turn the thermostat down at bedtime and stay comfortable throughout the night. But the central question is: Are they safe? It's true -- electric blankets are convenient and ...


Woman and children escape smouldering bed
A woman and two children were lucky to wake up and escape after an electric blanket caught fire in their Waihi home. read more..


Lebrina family home lost in accidental fire
The Golconda Road property caught fire about 7am after a heavy weight placed on an electric blanket caused a hot spot. There was nobody home at the time. The owner said his two children would normally be sleeping alone in the house when the fire started...


Child's bed catches fire
A mother suffered smoke inhalation after an electric blanket set fire to a sleeping child's bed and flooded the family home with smoke...


Electric blanket fire sends one to hospital - Waikato Times

Electric blanket fire sends one to hospital
Waikato Times
On person was taken to hospital after an electric blanket caught fire in a Waihi home overnight. The Waihi Volunteer Fire Brigade responded to an emergency call on Dobson St just after 1am. Firefighters arrived to find a faulty electric blanket had .
Trio treated in electric blanket fireSunLive
Woman and children escape smouldering bedNew Zealand Herald

all 6 news articles »
..


Couple lose all when home burns
A married couple say they have lost everything after a fire gutted their first home in New Zealand...


THEN 'N NOW - Rapid City Journal

THEN 'N NOW
Rapid City Journal
Items to be produced are bib overalls, dungarees, one-piece work suits, work shirts, pants, over all jackets and blanket lined coats. Betty and . Power lines to the barn were knocked down, but Butte Electric Co operative crews arrived and de .

..


Hero cops were 'absolutely amazing'
An elderly woman says she is lucky to be alive after two police officers rescued her from her burning Tauranga home.The 77-year-old, who did not want to be named, is recovering in hospital following the blaze, which was caused by...


Fire may have started from electric blanket
An electric blanket which was accidently left on is believed to have started a house fire in Blenheim yesterday morning...


Warning after home gutted
Electric blankets can become dangerous if the wires coil or kink, causing a hot spot on the bed, Marlborough's top firefighter says...


Electric blanket set fire to child's bed
A mother suffered smoke inhalation after a faulty electric blanket set fire to a sleeping child's bed and flooded the family home with smoke...


Hero cops were 'absolutely amazing'
An elderly woman says she is lucky to be alive after two police officers rescued her from her burning Tauranga home.The 77-year-old, who did not want to be named, is recovering in hospital following the blaze, which was caused by...


Warning after home gutted - Stuff.co.nz

Stuff.co.nz

Warning after home gutted
Stuff.co.nz
Electric blankets can become dangerous if the wires coil or kink, causing a hot spot on the bed, Marlborough's top firefighter says. Marlborough firefighters are called to at least two fires each winter caused by an electric blanket. On Monday, a fire .

and more »
..


Murray Electric discusses Operation Security Blanket
For the last year, each school in the Murray and Calloway County school districts has had an extra reason to feel safe because of a service offered to them by Murray Electric System...

fifedirect - Successful start to electric blanket testing
This year's electric blanket testing project had a successful start. During the first part of the project, the team tested over 300 blankets; with 50% failing safety checks. Geoff Bates, Service Manager, Protective Services explains, ...


Electric blanket set fire to child's bed
A mother suffered smoke inhalation after a faulty electric blanket set fire to a sleeping child's bed and flooded the family home with smoke...


The Proper Way to Wash an Electric Blanket - Lifehacker
When it's time to put away the electric blanket for the season (or starts to smell funky), it's time to clean it. Clean an electric blanket using a washing machine and a few simple steps...


Make Your Own Flexible Carbon Fiber Electric Blanket - Lifehacker
Electric heating blankets aren't hard to find, but the heating element often makes them not very flexible and too small to really get comfortable in. This project, from Instructables user Shenzen, uses carbon fiber heating ...


Woman and children escape smouldering bed
A woman and two children were lucky to wake up and escape after an electric blanket caught fire in their Waihi home. read more..


Fire may have started from electric blanket
An electric blanket which was accidently left on is believed to have started a house fire in Blenheim yesterday morning...




Technorati Tags: , ,